Non-current assets increased by €153.5 million. They may be analysed as follows:
|(€’000)||30 June 2016||31 December 2015||Variation|
|Property, plant and equipment||709,866||594,365||115,501|
|Total non-current assets||1,072,985||919,440||153,545|
Property, plant and equipment increased by €115.5 million, mostly as a result of:
- the change in the consolidation scope of €115.1 million due to the acquisition of Lane and Lane Group’s acquisitions of assets for €11.2 million from Asphalt Roads and materials Company Inc.;
- investments mostly made to the high speed/capacity Milan - Genoa railway section in Italy and the Riyadh Metro Line 3 in Saudi Arabia, the Ruta del Sol contract in Colombia, the Nenskra hydroelectric project in Georgia and Lane Group’s investments (€137.3 million);
- depreciation for the period (€108.0 million).
Intangible assets show a net decrease of €8.4 million mainly due to:
- inclusion of Lane in the consolidation scope (€5.1 million);
- amortisation of the period (€15,5 million).
The increase in the equity investments is principally due to the investments in joint ventures acquired with Lane.